Saturday 27 April 2013

Looking back at your preliminary task (the continuity editing task), what do you feel you have learnt in the progression from it to full product?

Me and Mikalah filmed our preliminary at the start of the year, so we both had very little knowledge when it came to filming. Looking back at the preliminary task, I feel I have learnt a lot in terms of editing, camera and titles.

In my preliminary, I only used 1 editing technique which was straight cut. Although this editing technique was useful, I didn't have a range of different editing techniques which made the preliminary quite boring. In our film a few different editing techniques including straight cut and wipe.Whilst editing our film, I learnt how to add different editing techniques, where to appropriately place them and the importance of it. The pace of the scenes was more fluid than the prelimniary, which makes the opening more eaiser to watch.

In the preliminary task, we had to use the 180 degree rule and use shot reverse shot whilst 2 people was having a conversation. We did not use both of these techinques in our opening since their was no dialogue used. In our preliminary, we only used common shots such as close up and long shot. We also didn't use any camera movement, which could make the video boring.


In our opening, we used a range of several shots such as extreme close up and long shot; by using these different camera shots and movement, we learnt the importance of them and what effect it can have. We also used camera movement which made video more interesting than our preliminary.





In our preliminary task, we was required to include match on action. Also I understood what match on action was, I didn't understand the purpose or importance of it.





In our opening, we did not include match on action. Although we didn't include, we could of included it was our main character was walking out the gate, we could have vied in on her closing the door behind her. Depsite not adding this camera techinuq in, I now understand that this techique makes the audience focus on the action more, and what effect it can have on the audience.





During the process of making our media product, I have learnt about making titles, and how the font and colour of the titles can reflect the genre of the film. In the preliminary task, I didn't even include titles simply because I didn't know how to sincePremiere Pro was new to me at the start of this course.
I now undertand how to include titles; I also know how the credits within a film opening can have an effect on the audience.




No comments:

Post a Comment